- What is going on in these verses?
- Proverbs describe the importance of living wisely and in the fear of the Lord as opposed to following the alluring path of foolishness. Proverbs offers a spiritual depth to issues like managing money, the dangers of adultery, learning how to identify true friends, and so much more. Here you’ll find wisdom that works and insights that won’t wear out.
- In Hebrew culture, a name was not a mere label, but usually an expression of the character of a person. God’s covenant name, “Lord,” is associated with His character as Savior of His people.
- The strong fortress that offers security for the righteous (the saints of the Lord) is based on God’s character as a faithful Savior.
- What is God’s word saying?
- What an awesome comfort it is to be in the hands of a mighty strong fortress of the LORD (Yahweh).
- His name alone offers this righteousness when we believe and speak His name, LORD (Yahweh).
- Wise saints run to HIM for safety.
- I consider myself one of Yahew’s saints. I seek HIM and HIS safety. I run to HIM, not the world. What about you?
- I accept and believe Yaweh’s as my savior. God’s covenant name, “Lord,” is related to God’s character as my faithful Savior (Jesus, the Messiah). Afterall, God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit are all one in the same person, in three parts; God the immortal Godhead, Jesus the Son of man-human, and the supernatural being, the Holy Spirit who indwells our bodies. Our bodies are the temple of the Holy Spirit, found in scripture.
I love the hymn related to this scripture: A Mighty Fortress is our God.
Prayer: Thank You, dear Yahweh, LORD GOD, for being my savior and a might fortress to protect me and keep me safe. I pray this for the readers here and lost souls to seek You and be saved in Your Name. In Jesus’ name, amen.