- The LORD replied to Moses, “I will indeed do what you have asked, for I look favorably on you, and I know you by name.” Exodus 33:17
- Oh come, let us worship and bow down; Let us kneel before the Lord our Maker. For He is our God, and we are the people of His pasture, the sheep under His care. Psalms 95:6-7a
- But now, O Jacob, listen to the Lord who created you. O Israel, the one who formed you says, “Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you. I have called you by name; you are mine. Isaiah 43:1
- ‘And the Holy Spirit helps us in our weakness. For example, we don’t know what God wants us to pray for. But the Holy Spirit prays for us with groanings that cannot be expressed in words. And the Father who knows all hearts knows what the Spirit is saying, for the Spirit pleads for us believers in harmony with God’s own will. And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them. For God knew his people in advance, and he chose them to become like his Son so that his Son would be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters. And having chosen them, he called them to come to him. And having called them, he gave them right standing with himself. And having given them right standing, he gave them his glory. ‘
- ‘ “I am the good shepherd; I know my own sheep, and they know me, just as my Father knows me and I know the Father. So I sacrifice my life for the sheep. ‘ John 10:14-15
- ‘But God’s truth stands firm like a foundation stone with this inscription: “The Lord knows those who are his,” and “All who belong to the Lord must turn away from evil.” ‘ 2 Timothy 2:19
GOD knows each of us by name. We are his. HE knows us in the most intimate way. It’s hard to comprehend that kind of knowing. It’s far more than our understanding of “knowing”. It’s kind of like a mom being in a public setting and a child cries out. That mom “knows” without a shadow of a doubt, that’s her child crying out. This is the simplest explanation I can come up with that puts this kind of “knowing” into perspective. Read Romans 8 above in the list: When we don’t even know what to pray for, the Holy Spirit prays for us with groanings inexpressible by words. He knows before we do what we need.
What’s your relationship with God like? How well do you know Him? His word shows up who He is, what He is, and how He is. He loves His dear children so much that He shows us what to do. He goes before us. He walks beside us. He is with us always. All we have to do is cry out to Him and reach out and take His hand.
Dear Abba Yah, El Shaddai, thank You for knowing each of us. Thank You for the gift of salvation. Thank You for sending us the Holy Spirit, who dwells within each of us. Your children. I pray for each reader; the ones who don’t know You, God, and for the ones who do know You. We all need You in some form or fashion. I pray that we all seek You. In Jesus’ name, amen.