Dear friends, even though we say these things, we are still convinced that better things are in store for you and that they will save you. God is fair. He won’t forget what you’ve done or the love you’ve shown for him. You helped his holy people, and you continue to help them. We want each of you to prove that you’re working hard so that you will remain confident until the end. Then, instead of being lazy, you will imitate those who are receiving the promises through faith and patience. Hebrews 6:9-12
Strong’s Number – G4136
Definition: From G4135; entire confidence: – (full) assurance.
KJV Usage: full assurance (3x), assurance (1x).
In verses: 4
Full assurance – entire confidence (confident underlined above)
The writer of Hebrews is conveying to his listeners/readers of this letter to hold onto the assurance and confidence that God will never forsake them. That God is fair. God will remember their good works to work out their salvation. That they won’t be lazy and that they’re imitators of those receiving promises through faith and patience.
So, how does this apply to us in our lives? How can we live differently in light of this truth?
- We must trust God and what He tells us in His word.
- Be confident and assured, fully, in our trust in God.
- Don’t be lazy with what we know and have learned in His word.
- As His word says; “He won’t forget what you’ve done or the love you’ve shown for him.”
- And, the word also states, “We want each of you to prove that you’re working hard so that you will remain confident until the end.”
- Never give up! Be patient and trust God. His timing is perfect.
Dear Heavenly Father, God [Abba Yah], I lift up each reader to You. I pray that they trust and have confidence in You. I pray that they work hard proving themselves in hard work and know that You will keep your promises and they will receive them in faith and patience. Thank You, in advance, for hearing and answering this prayer. In Jesus’ name, amen.