- What do you see going on in the verses?
- This scripture involves a conversation between Israel, God, and Gideon. The Israelites were in dire straights and called out to God to help them. God sent Gideon to help them. Gideon wanted proof that it was the LORD. So, he asked the LORD to stay until he returned from battle. The Lord said, “I will stay here until you return.”
- The Israelites were rebellious and didn’t listen to God and His instruction. They were paying the price with their consequences. Sound familiar? The whole world is in dire straights right now. No need for details. It’s all over the Internet and on the news outlets. Some skew the info to suit them. “Fake News” is a big thing nowadays. Despite all that, there are problems in the world right now.
- When will people listen to God and obey Him? It’s just like the old testament all over again. However, nowadays it’s the prophecy being fulfilled. God is in control, just like back then. He will send Jesus this time instead of a human.
- What is God’s word saying?
- I better pay attention and listen to obey HIM. I better be ready to share the Gospel at a moment’s notice. I don’t need to go at it using my own steam. All I need to do is be still and the Holy Spirit will speak. God is always with me. He will never leave me nor forsake me. It’s that simple. Just Do It! [Yes, I did! It will always be that.]
Prayer: Dear ABBA YAH, thank You for being so merciful and showing us Your grace. We surely don’t deserve it. Thank You for giving Your son, Jesus, to be our Savior, the Messiah. I pray that we reflect Him in our lives and share the gospel with the lost [planting gospel seeds]. I trust You to meet our needs and that the Holy Spirit will speak instead of us. In Jesus’ name, amen.