- What is going on in these verses?
- This is one of the letters Paul wrote to the Thessalonians. He reminded them of the work of the Lord he and his disciple companion, Silas, have done. He talked about the suffering they endured before arriving in Thessalonica; about how people were against them. The best part of this is: that God helped them to be brave and to tell of His Good News. They weren’t trying to trick people. They only spoke the Good News because God tested them and trusted them to do it. When they spoke, they weren’t trying to please people, but God, who tests our hearts.
- The theme of this chapter of Thessalonians – Paul praises the Thessalonian believers for their spiritual maturity and perseverance, and he encourages them to further growth in view of Christ’s imminent return.
“The gospel he preached was without deceit, it was true and faithful. The word of God is pure.” Matthew Henry
- What is God’s word saying?
- I shouldn’t be discouraged by the suffering I will encounter. I trust God to help me be brave. I must endure through it and trust God to take care of my needs as I share the Good News of the Gospel of Jesus. I would hope that in God testing me, He will find that He can trust me to share the Good News. I want to only please God, not people.
Prayer: Dear ABBA YAH, I seek Your help in my walk with You in being brave to go out and share the Good News of the Gospel of Jesus. I pray that You test me and find that You can trust me to share the Good News. I want to only please You, YAH. I pray all this for all of Your children. I pray for unity in the church, the body of Christ. I pray for the lost souls to come to You, YAH. I pray for a world that is in chaos, to seek only You. I trust, adore, honor, glorify, and praise You, YAH! In Jesus’ name, amen.