A little side note: The name Jesus was translated from ancient text and it’s the English version of His name. The Hebrew name used for Jesus is Yeshua [pronounced: Ye shoo ah]. It is the short version of Yehoshua. From here on out I’ll be using Yeshua to refer to Jesus.
Today gives more detail about the results of being in fellowship with Yeshua.
Yahweh chose us specifically to be His holy people because of His love, Agape Love. Yahweh has offered the gift of salvation through Yeshua… essentially adopting us into His family. The deal was sealed with the death and resurrection of our Messiah, Yeshua.
Some of those spiritual blessings are:
- We are chosen
- We are adopted
- We are accepted in the beloved
- We are redeemed by the blood of The Lamb [Yeshua]
- Our sins are forgiven
- God has given us wisdom and insight through His Word and has shown us His desire to bring all things together to glorify Christ.
- An inheritance that is given to us through Christ. The riches of glory, the presence of God, the eternal home – these don’t even scratch the surface of all the blessings that belong to our inheritance.
- We are sealed by the Holy Spirit. When we become Yahweh’s children, He places His mark of ownership on us, guaranteeing our eternal security. This is spoken of as the down-payment of our full redemption, to hold us until the day Christ brings us to Him.
There’s many more that could be mentioned. However, this is the basic list. You can find more about these blessings in Ephesians 1.
How do we access all of these blessings? They are readily accessible to everyone who is in Christ Yeshua. The way to be in Christ is to repent, or turn away from our sins (Acts 17:30), confessing to God that we are sinners (Proverbs 28:13; Romans 10:9). When we believe that Christ died to take our punishment and now lives to give us new life (1 Corinthians 15:3–4), He grants us forgiveness of sins and all the blessings that accompany that salvation.
Comment, share your story, request prayer, and bless others.