- What are the details in these verses?
- In my searching and investigating I found that King Solomon wrote this scripture. It is an instruction to kings and leaders.
- I observe that this scripture is referring to what’s right regarding weights and balances; being honest and wise. God’s weights work best. It’s better to be poor and honest than dishonest and wealthy. On the other hand, it’s better to get wisdom and understanding than precious metals.
- Pride is destructive. Being humble is best. By watching what we do, we protect our lives.
- What is God’s word saying to me?
- Being dishonest and proud will only lead to destruction. It’s better to be poor and right than wealthy and dishonest. My plans will fail; every time. Why? Because the LORD decides what I will do in my life. Disobedience to GOD leads to chaos and destruction.
- I need an attitude of gratitude and to live right according to God’s word. I need to be humble, not proud. That’s a tall order for us humans. Human nature has a bent toward feelings and emotions and wearing our hearts on our sleeves. Human nature has a bent toward sin.
- I need to trust and obey God and His word/teachings. If I have any sin, unresolved, known, or unknown, I need to truly and earnestly repent and seek God’s forgiveness. I need to stop allowing my human nature to run my life. I need to allow the Holy Spirit to permeate every part of my being and do what He will do. I’m just God’s vessel in His grand plan and purpose. It’s tough, but it’s possible. I need to “Just Do It!”
Prayer: Dear ABBA YAH, I lean on Your everlasting arms. Thank You, God! I pray this for others too. I live up Your children to You and pray for healing and recovery, redemption and salvation. I pray for the backslidden and that they will come back to You. I lift up the lost souls for who You have plans for, that they will be saved at the right time without delay. I trust Your plan and purpose, Father God (ABBA YAH). In Jesus’ name, amen.