- What are the details in these verses?
- I observe that David is confessing his sin before the Lord. He acknowledges his sin to God and God forgave him. We can pray to God for and seek forgiveness. I’m comforted and encouraged that God is my hiding place; that He protects me. HE delivers me from all my sin. If I’m without the steadfast love of God there is no trust in the Lord. We need to love God and trust Him. We need to be glad and rejoice, as righteous Christians. All that are upright in heart.
- What is God’s word saying to me?
- Confession is good for the spirit and soul. Rejoicing in God’s love is also good for the spirit and soul. Scripture tells us to confess our sins.
Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results. James 5:16
- What changes do I need to make?
- I need to lay it all on the line and take all my sins to God and seek His forgiveness. I need to confess any sin… great and small… it’s all sin. Harboring and living in sin is unhealthy to my spirit and soul. I need a clear and right conscience before God.
- Is there any action that I need to take?
- It’s hard for a mortal human not to sin. However, I can strive to not sin; it’s required and commanded of me. I need to put on the full armor of God.
For this reason, take up all the armor that God supplies. Then you will be able to take a stand during these evil days. Once you have overcome all obstacles, you will be able to stand your ground. So then, take your stand! Fasten truth around your waist like a belt. Put on God’s approval as your breastplate. Put on your shoes so that you are ready to spread the Good News that gives peace. In addition to all these, take the Christian faith as your shield. With it you can put out all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Also take salvation as your helmet and God’s word as the sword that the Spirit supplies. Pray in the Spirit in every situation. Use every kind of prayer and request there is. For the same reason be alert. Use every kind of effort and make every kind of request for all of God’s people. Ephesians 6:13-18
- I need to be in HIS Word daily. Everything stated here is in scripture. I don’t make things up as I go along.
- I need to be in communication without ceasing; praying without ceasing.
1 Thessalonians 5 says in verses 16 Rejoice always, 17 pray without ceasing, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. 19 Do not quench (do not extinquish the fire of the Holy Spirit) the Spirit.
- What’s stopping me or a stumbling block?
- Myself! I need to stop trying to handle life on my own without God leading it. HE’s much better at than I am. I need to “Just Do It!” I need to step aside and shut up about what I think should happen or what I do not like. God knows all and is in control. I simply need to stop trying to control things myself. It’s a sin! I don’t want to sin.
Prayer: Dear YAH, Father God, I thank You for being my hiding place. I pray and confess my sins, known and unknown, to You. I pray that all Your children will do the same. I rejoice in the fact that You’re loving and forgiving; only because Jesus is the Messiah. Without the Savior, it’s not good. We would not have eternal life in heaven with You without Jesus saving us. Open our eyes to our sin and that we could come clean and confess our sins to You seeking Your forgiveness. It seems this whole world needs Jesus; to be cleansed. I pray Your chosen will all come forward seeking to be saved and confess, repenting and turning to You. In Jesus’ name, amen.