- What is going on in these verses?
- In my reading and research, I find that the book of 2 Timothy was a letter written to Timothy, a disciple of Jesus, by Paul; to encourage Timothy in suffering for Christ’s sake. It was Paul’s comfort that God’s word was not bound. The Good News of the Gospel is, that Jesus was raised from the dead.
- Next to the salvation of our own souls, we should be willing to do and suffer anything to encourage the salvation of the other’s souls.
This is the great proof of his divine mission, and therefore a great confirmation of the truth of the Christian religion; and the consideration of it should make us faithful to our Christian profession, and should particularly encourage us in suffering for it. Let suffering saints remember this. Matthew Henry
- What is God’s word saying?
- While it’s tough to go through suffering and hardship, doing it for the Lord’s sake makes it all worth it. It’s comforting to know and experience an unbound God’s word. There is nothing that can hold it down, nor hide it.
- I need to be available to allow the Holy Spirit to work in and through me. My suffering for Jesus is nothing compared to the suffering He went through to become my Savior. I’m willing to endure suffering for Jesus to bring lost souls to Him so He can save them.
Prayer: Thank You, dear God, for the salvation of my soul and others. Use me, Lord. I’m here. I offer myself to You. I pray all of Your children will do so. In Jesus’ name, amen.