Read the full context here: 1 Samuel 14:38-46
Even when all odds are against me, God still has control. God’s grace and mercy… What an awesome and amazing God we serve!
Even though Jonathan and his armor-bearer were outnumbered God still caused them to have victory in the battle. Even though Jonathan sinned and ate the honey, God saw fit to allow Jonathan to live.
Jonathan trusted God. Do you trust God to help you through tight spots in life’s circumstances? I struggle with this on occasion. I trust God more and more every day.
How does this apply to us today? How can we apply this to our lives today?
Here are my thoughts:
- Stop getting caught up in all the drama surrounding us.
- Yes, I know that people do their best to suck us in.
- Yes, our emotions can run amuck with situations.
- All these things are choices we make.
- It’s also about the attitudes we choose.
- We need to make better choices for our lives to avoid getting sucked into other’s drama.
- When something involves us, we need to choose to control our emotions.
- Decisions made out of an emotional situation never end well. Our emotions are fickle. We need to remain calm, clear, and level-headed.
- We also need to pay close attention to our attitudes.
- Attitudes toward situations determine the outcome of said situation.
- Pray over all things and situations all the time.
Dear Abba Yah, Adonai Yeshua, I lift each reader up to You. I ask that You guide their hearts, minds, soul, and spirits in a God-honoring and glorifying way. Show them the direction to take. I lift up the sick, injured, and spiritually hurting, Yahweh. I pray they will find peace of mind and body in You. I pray healing over them, in Jesus’ name. I thank You in advance for hearing and answering this prayer. In Jesus’ name, amen.